A range of working groups have and will be established to include schools, settings and children and young people, parents and other partners to involve a range of people in the ongoing future development of the Staffordshire Local Offer.
The purpose of the Staffordshire Local Offer Steering Group is to ensure that Staffordshire has an effective published Local Offer.
The Steering Group will meet on a termly basis to review the Local offer and ensure it continuously improves and is effective in meeting the needs of children and young people, parents and schools and settings. It will work collaboratively with a range of working groups such as our newly established Parent Working Group to ensure its provides parents and children and young people with the information they need in relation to special educational needs.
- Tuesday 10 October 2017, 10am to 12pm - Staffs Place 1, Ground Floor, Rudyard Suite.
- Tuesday 13 February 2018, 10am to 12pm - Staffs Place 1, Ground Floor, Rudyard Suite.
- Tuesday 12 June 2018, 10m to 12pm - Drawing Room, The County Buildings.
The Local Offer Parent Working Group will also meet on a termly basis and will lead on the development work to continuously improve the content and publication of the Staffordshire Local Offer
Other groups are currently being established – more information to follow.
Have your say, your opinion matters
We would like you to be involved and work with us to ensure the local offer meets your needs.
If you are interested in becoming involved in either group please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
- Thursday 12 October 2017, 10am to 12pm - SCC District Office, Grange Street, Burton-on-Trent, DE14 2ER.
- Thursday 16 November 2017, 10am to 12pm - Room 25, SCC Burton District Office, Grange St, B-on-T, DE14 2ER.
- Thursday 30 November 2017, 1pm to 3pm - Training room, Burton Children's Centre, Waterloo St, B-on-T, DE14 2NJ.
- Thursday 14 December 2017, 10am to 12pm - Room 25, SCC Burton District Office, Grange St, B-on-T, DE14 2ER.
- Wednesday 24 January 2018, 10am to 12pm - Burton Fire Station, Moor St, B-on-T, DE14 3SU. TBC.
- Wednesday 14 February 2018, 10am to 12pm - Training Room, Burton Children's Centre, Waterloo St, B-on-T, DE14 2NJ.
Minutes and notes
- Local Offer Parent Group Meeting Notes - 19-07-17 (239 KB)
- Local Offer Parent Group Meeting Notes - 28-09-17 (415 KB)
- Local Offer Parent Group Meeting Notes - 12-10-17 (230 KB)
Records of meetings held are included in this section illustrating actions identified for further development to share our progress with you.
Children and Young People
We are currently consulting with children and young people to make sure the Local Offer is the best it can be for those who use it. The link to this survey is here.
All completed surveys received back by the closing date of 23rd November 2017 will be in with a chance to win a £10 High Street Voucher.
We are also looking for Children and Young People Local Offer testers, who will be willing to test the site in more detail. Email LocalOffer@staffordshire.gov.uk to find out more.