Information about education, health and care needs assessments and education, health and care plans (EHCPs) for children and young people aged 0-25 years.
*** Special educational needs top up funding for pupils with Education Health and Care Plans. Staffordshire County Council Local Authority is aiming to introduce a new Education Banding Tool. This will support the special educational needs and disabilities team to calculate the education costs of the “top up” funding in a fair and consistent way. Learn more, here. ***
What is an education health and care needs assessment and plan?
'What is an education health and care needs assessment and plan' gives more information on:
- The purpose of an education, health and care plan.
- What happens to the information from the needs assessment.
- When is a needs assessment necessary.
Requesting an education, health and care needs assessment
Our requesting an education, health and care needs assessment page contains information on:
- Who can request a needs assessment and how.
- How it is decided whether is it necessary to carry out an assessment.
- How long it will take.
- What to do if you disagree with the decision made.
Education, health and care needs assessment - process and timescales
See our education, health and care needs assessment - process and timescales page for more information on:
- A visual representation of our education health and care needs assessment pathway.
- An education, health and care plan template.
- What happens during the assessment process.
- How you will be involved.
- what information and advice is gathered
- decision to issue an Education Health and Care Plan
- what to do when you receive a draft Plan
- who will receive a copy
Information on personal budgets includes:
- What is a personal budget?
- When can I request a personal budget?
- What services could I purchase?
- Our personal budget policy.
Annual reviews - assessing progress and outcomes
Our annual review factsheet contains information on:
- Templates and forms.
- Being involved in the process.
- When it will take place and what it will cover.
- Who is invited to the meeting.
- What happens after the review.
- Transfer between phases of education.
- Preparing for adulthood.
- When a plan ceases.
Mediation and SEND Tribunals
Our mediation and SEND tribunals page contains information on:
- Being involved in the decision making.
- Resolving disputes.
- When can I use mediation?
- What if I want to appeal?
- SEND Tribunal.
- Single route of redress national trail
Global Mediation provides our mediation service.
SEND IASS - Staffordshire Family Partnership can talk you through the options and support you through the process. This is a free, confidential and impartial service for parents, carers, children and young people.
SEND assessment and planning team - contacts
Contacts for our SEND assessment and planning team.