National Handwriting Association
We are a charity whose aims are to raise awareness of the importance of handwriting as a vital component of literacy, to promote good practice in the teaching of handwriting and to support those who work with children with handwriting difficulties.
- run in-service training in schools, clinics and other centres
- run an in-depth course on handwriting around the UK
- produce an annual journal for our members to keep them informed on the latest research and books on handwriting and writing equipment
- publish practical booklets and other materials on specific aspects of handwriting
- provide practical information for parents and professionals
- liaise with commercial enterprises to give guidance on the manufacture of writing equipment
- work with central and local government to improve standards of handwriting
- support research into handwriting.