Approach carers' training
Approach provides free and informal dementia awareness training for carers of people diagnosed with dementia.
Our informal sessions aim to improve the health and well-being of the person with dementia, their family, friends and care give by promoting independence at home and within the local community.
The three sessions are designed to support you when caring for someone with dementia or other related mental health needs. This information is delivered in a friendly, easy to understand and sensitive manner. This may help you to understand how a person with dementia can live well with the illness.
By attending these sessions you will gain:
- A clear understanding of the issues related to supporting a person with dementia
- Practical skills and knowledge which may prove useful in your role as a care giver
- An opportunity to meet and share experiences with other care givers
Who to contact
Where to go
Cauldon Chambers, 10
- ST4 2DP Get Directions (This link opens in a new tab)
The Approach dementia awareness training course is held in community venues in Staffordshire. Please visit www.approachstaffordshire.co.uk for upcoming training dates and locations
- Service is Free
- This service is free to access
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Referrals can be made over the phone by calling our head office on 01782 214999 or by emailing our enquiries email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Carers are invited on a first come first serve basis. Dates and times of the training courses vary.