Skip to main content

*Higher Education - Disabled Students' Allowance and additional support

As a higher education student living in England, you can apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) if you have a:

  • disability
  • long-term health condition
  • mental health condition
  • specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia

Additional Support

The support you get depends on your individual needs and not on income.  See the website for an explanation of the process and criteria.

You can get the Disability Students' Allowance in addition to any student finance funding.

Some students may be eligible for additional support direct from the university where they plan to study. Contact individual universities for more information. You can find out more on the UCAS website.

Who to contact

UCAS website
Last updated: 07 Sep 2020
Is this information correct?