Welcome to Twinkle Stars Childminding. My name is Debbie Wood and I have been registered with Ofsted as a childminder since February 2013. Before this date, I worked as an early years teacher in nursery, reception and key stage one, therefore I have a great deal of skills, knowledge and experience of working with early years children.
I have two children myself, aged 11 and 13 years. Being a parent, I know how important it is to find a childcare provider that you trust to do their very best with regards to your child's learning and development, welfare and safeguarding.
I would consider myself to be a patient, creative and caring person with a strong will and dedication to make a difference to the lives of young children. I am fun loving with a good sense of humour, which as discovered from my past experience is essential when working with the early years.
I provide a safe and nurturing environment within my setting, where all children are valued. I make good use of the great outdoors, having a secure outside grassed play area and going on daily outings. These include the library for singing and story sessions, the local parks, soft play centres, boogie time music and movement classes and messy play sessions.
I trained as an Early Years Teacher in 1998 at the University of the West of England in Bristol. Since this date I have taught children aged between 3 and 8 years. However, I have always maintained a passion for teaching in the early years and for the past five years I have taught in a nursery and reception class and taken on the role of Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) leader.
Whilst working within the EYFS, I have developed an ethos which I continue to uphold whilst childminding. I strongly believe in child initiated play. When a child is engaged in an activity developed by themselves, their play has real purpose, enabling them to solve problems, make decisions, interact with others, be independent and explore their world in a safe and secure environment. I value every child as an individual and aim to encourage them to recognise and build on their strengths and interests, enabling them to reach their full potential. Also, I believe that learning in my childcare setting builds on the foundations already achieved at home, therefore I always develop a positive partnership with parents based on trust and mutual respect.
Currently, I have a vacancy on Wednesday afternoon and Friday morning. At all other times I am full, however I will have multiple spaces in September 2017 due to three of my minded children starting in reception. I operate all through the year apart from 6 weeks annual holiday. I am able to offer term time contracts or full year contracts depending on your circumstances. Unfortunately, I no longer do before and after school care for school age children.
My fees are £3.75 per hour. I am registered to provide Nursery Education Funding for three and four year olds and from September 2017, I will be able to provide 30 hour funding for three and four year olds.
Please contact me if you require more information or you would like to visit my setting. Thank you for your interest in my service.
Who to contact
- 07999 801017
Where to go
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £3.75 *Hourly for 0-1 years £3.75 *Hourly for 2 years £3.75 *Hourly for 3 to 4 years
- Service is Free
- Has Provision
- House on split level.
- Has Provision
- Experience with
Speech & Language Difficulties
Hearing or Visual Impairment
Emotional, behavioural and social difficulties
- As an early years teacher I have a great deal of experience of SEN and working with SEN code of practive. I could not cater for a child needing a wheelchair due to my house layout being on a split level.
- Has Provision
- All special diets catered for with healthy snacks. Parents provide lunch.
- Has Provision
- I will celebrate all differences and explore many faiths and festivals.
- Currently I have a vacancy on Wednesday afternoon and Friday morning. In September 2017, I will have 2 vacancies each day due to my minded children starting school. I am registered to provide NEF funding for three and four year olds and from September 2017, I will be able to provide 30 hour funding for three and four year old children.
- Date updated
- 2 year old funding
- Vacant funded two year old places
- Maximum funded two year old places
- Registered to receive Funded Places
- Vacant funded three to four year old places
- Maximum funded three to four year old places
30 Hours Extended Entitlement
- Intending to provide 30 hours entitlement
- Registered to provide 30 hours entitlement
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday - Friday 08:00 18:00
Activities - Activities based on Early Years Goals
- Offers pickups
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 08/08/2013 EYR Inspection Good 11/01/2017 EYR Inspection Outstanding