**Accessing support for children - up to 17 years
The Families First service ensures that the needs of children, young people and families across Staffordshire are identified early, the right help is put in place and problems are stopped from getting worse.
Our Families First service employs people with a range of skills to make sure Staffordshire's children and families are safe and well.
- More information on the different services and support available within Families First
- How to access Families First Services
Staffordshire Early Help Teams
The Early Help Team offer support for families who may be facing multiple or complex difficulties.
Early Help practitioners are able to provide 1:1 support for children and young people. They can also help parents and carers with difficulties they may be having, which are affecting family life.
More information about the Early Help Teams and how you can refer can be found here.
Support for children with disabilities
If you are in need of higher level support you can request a social work assessment. Contact:
- First Response team during office hours (Monday to Thursday 8:30am-5:00pm and Friday 8:30am-4:30pm) on 0800 1313 126 or by completing an online enquiry form on Staffordshire County Council's main website.
- In an emergency, outside office hours please contact the Emergency Duty Service on 0345 604 2886 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information on support for children and young people with disabilities can be found on the Staffordshire County Council web site.
Support for children who are Young Carers
Young carers can carry out significant or substantial caring tasks, taking on a level of responsibility that is well above what should be expected from a young person. If you live in Staffordshire or care for someone who lives in Staffordshire there is support for you at the Staffordshire Together for Carers Service.
Carers of all ages can contact the County Council for information, advice and support related to their caring role. Young Carers have their own dedicated telephone number should they wish to speak to a Young Carers Assessor.
Adult Carers: 0300 111 8010
Young Carers: 01785 278444
General Enquiries: email@example.com
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- First response Monday to Thursday 8:30am-5:00pm and Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
- 0800 1313 126
- Staffordshire County Council First Response Contact Details
Emergency Duty Service - Outside Office Hours
In an emergency, outside office hours please contact the Emergency Duty Service.
Telephone: 0345 604 2886
- Referral required