Newcastle Day Opportunities - Specialist Opportunities for adults with learning disabilities and autism
Offering high quality day opportunities for adults with a Learning Disability and/ or Autism, who may also have a range of complex needs, health needs or behaviours that challenge.
Staffordshire County Council are a provider of social care services for adults with a learning disability and autism. We specialise in supporting adults with complex needs, profound and multiple learning disabilities and behaviours that challenge. Our mission is to provide opportunities and choice so that individuals can thrive, and our vision is to be leaders in creating a future where people with complex needs can thrive.
We understand how important it is for everyone to participate in meaningful activities which they enjoy. We offer a wealth of inclusive person-centred opportunities for adults with a learning disability, so they can live their best life.
We work with our customers and their advocates to find the best solutions to enrich a person’s life. To enable this, we work closely with other professionals including health, leisure, education and the local community.
Our staff are highly trained and can support individuals who have complex epilepsy, specialised feeding regimes and sensory support needs. We are committed to the principles of Positive Behavioural Support and an active support model. We ensure our communication methods meet the individual’s need, so our customers, parents and carers value the experience our service offers. By being person-centred in everything we do, we ensure everyone has a voice in shaping our service.
What We Offer
Our Specialist Day Opportunities services offer a diverse range of options to support adults with learning disabilities. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Building-Based Day Opportunities: offering meaningful use of time activities and sensory experiences
- Community Outreach: offering 1:1 support for people in their local communities where activities are based on a person’s ability and interests
- Virtual Support Sessions: These are sensory and/or music sessions enabled through video calling technology
- Home-Based Support: we can provide a range of meaningful use of time activities and sensory experiences in the home, based on a person’s need
If you think you or your loved one would benefit from our services, then please contact us on the details below.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Debbie Brackstone
- Contact Position
- Services Manager
- 01782 622 132
- Adult Learning Disability Services - Staffordshire County Council
- Staffordshire Learning Disability Facebook page
Where to go
- Newcastle Day Opportunities
- ST5 9AZ Get Directions (This link opens in a new tab)
- Referral required
- Referral Details
The referral route into the service is via the individuals allocated or duty social worker.
- Have staff or volunteers been DBS (CRB) checked?