Skip to main content

If you want to find a organisation in your area that can support you to keep safe and well, try searching here on Staffordshire Connects. Just click on the right hand menu to find organisations and groups in your local area.   

Recognise it and report it - Protecting children and adults from abuse.

If you think someone is being abused or you think their safety is at risk, then it is important to report your concerns to a county council social work team.

You must never assume that somebody else will recognise and report what you have seen or heard.

Where a crime has been committed or if you're worried about someone's immediate safety, contact the Police by dialling 999.

Reporting child abuse

To report concerns about a child, please contact the First Response Team.

Phone: 0800 131 3126 (free from a landline)
Monday - Thursday* 8:30am - 5pm
Friday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
*Excludes bank holidays

Out of Hours: 0345 604 2886 (for emergencies only)
Text: 07773 792016
Minicom: 01785 277309

A trained member of staff will be available between 8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday-Thursday and 8:30am - 4:30pm on Fridays (excluding Bank Holidays).

To report a concern outside of these hours, please contact the Emergency Duty Service.

If you are a children’s service professional and want to find more about safeguarding children visit the Staffordshire Safeguarding Children Board web site.

Reporting abuse of an adult

To report concerns about an adult please:

Phone: 0345 604 2719
Monday - Thursday* 8:30am - 5pm
Friday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
*Excludes Bank Holidays

For further guidance on reporting abuse of an adult please see the Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent Partnership Adult Safeguarding Board website.  

Back to top