Places to go, things to do
Being involved with your local community or just getting out of the house to enjoy your favourite activity, find some company, or go shopping are all important aspects of healthy living.
If you want to find a local group, activity or event in your area to join, try searching here on Staffordshire Connects. Just click on the menu below to find organisations and groups in your local area.
There are organisations offering a wide range of activities, groups, clubs and regular social events.
I am feeling lonely or isolated, who can help me?
If you are feeling lonely or isolated, lacking a bit of confidence or can't get out due to mobility reasons, you could try a befriending scheme. Befriending schemes can offer companionship and support to you or the person you care for.
Take a look at a list of befriending schemes here on Staffordshire Connects.
Depending on your needs some may offer a regular phone call and others may involve a befriender coming to visit you regularly to enjoy a cup of tea and a chat together.
If you’re feeling lonely or isolated, and live in one of 52 identified areas in Staffordshire then the Everyone Health Service will be able to help. They can offer you a tailored programme of support.
So if you are feeling lonely or know someone who is, get in touch by ringing 0333 005 0095 or by emailing EHstaffs@everyonehealth.co.uk
Other ways to meet and chat with others could be by:
- Using an online forum (this link will take you to the Staffordshire County Council website for this information)
- Visiting your local library and finding out about what is available and how you can get involved (this link will take you to the Staffordshire County Council website for this information)
Where can I find places to visit?
There are many open spaces, parks and heritage sites that you can visit across Staffordshire to help you stay active, keep busy, get some fresh air or simply socialise with family and friends.
If you know of any more to share please contact us
You can also take a look at the Enjoy Staffordshire website for indoor and outdoor places to visit in Staffordshire.
Please note: there may be a charge for entry and / or carparking at the places listed.
I want to find support that can help me at home / be independent?
Take a look the 'Help at Home' section for details of:
- A range of care providers that help with your personal care needs in your home
- Meal delivery services
- Organisations that can help with getting out and about, house work, home maintenance, shopping and pet care
- Equipment / technology and mobility suppliers. There is a wide range of equipment, home adaptations and smart technology available to help you maintain your independence.
I need some help with transport?
Take a look the 'Travel and Transport' section section for details of:
- A range of community transport schemes running in your local area
- Mobility suppliers. There is a wide range of mobility equipment that you can hire or buy that can help you get out and about
There is also information about travelling by bus or train, and how to apply for a blue badge if you're disabled or have a health condition that affects your mobility.
The Help at Home section also lists providers who are able to offer support with travel and getting out and about.
Where else can I find activities, clubs and groups?
All libraries offer different types of activities and groups ranging from knit and natter clubs, coffee mornings, reading groups, art classes, carers groups, friendship groups and much, much more.
Your local leisure centre / gym will also provide a variety of ways to keep active and social.
You can find the details for many of these organisations here on Staffordshire Connects.
Give them a ring, send an email or check out their website / Facebook/ Twitter pages for details of what they provide.
If you know of more activities going on or you provide an activity in your local area and would like to suggest a listing, please contact us to let us know.
Who can help me to find things to do?
If you live in the South Staffordshire district or Cannock Chase area, your local library can help you.
Please email Lisa from Staffordshire libraries at email@example.com or Call/text 07866921872